Hey, Morgan:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Morgan:

I see you have a Volvo turbo-dudsel in your signature. That engine(2.4L VW Diesel) is one we marinized for use as an auxiliary in sailboats back in the 80's. I've been working on and with that engine for 37 years. Probably one of maybe 6 people left on the planet that know how to time it without going to the books, and have the tools to do it in their box. You ever need help with something you can't find info for, let me know. I'll also have a running long-block engine in a few months as a take-out. I'm building a new engine for a 28 year old boat that has one we want to change out. The owner is the original principal of the company that marinized them, and we don't want to give up the smoothness of 6 cyls by going with a jankey Yanmar. Nothing wrong with the one in there, he just wants to start fresh. Let me know if you want it.

Cheers.

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
    I see you have a Volvo turbo-dudsel in your signature. That engine(2.4L VW Diesel) is one we marinized for use as an auxiliary in sailboats back in the 80's. I've been working on and with that engine for 37 years. Probably one of maybe 6 people left on the planet that know how to time it without going to the books, and have the tools to do it in their box. You ever need help with something you can't find info for, let me know. I'll also have a running long-block engine in a few months as a take-out. I'm building a new engine for a 28 year old boat that has one we want to change out. The owner is the original principal of the company that marinized them, and we don't want to give up the smoothness of 6 cyls by going with a jankey Yanmar. Nothing wrong with the one in there, he just wants to start fresh. Let me know if you want it.

Cheers.
    Hey Dave,

I think we've talked about these engines once before many moons ago, I remember looking for the injection pump off the D24 I pulled from an '84 240 many moons ago because you were interested in it but I don't think I ever found it.

If you ever decide to part with the tools I'd be interested in them for sure, but I have enough to get by for now.

The car that's in my signature has been in my family since new, currently working on restoring it, it runs like a top but the body is shot so I found a doaner last summer to steal parts off of.

I also picked up a spare turbo diesel sedan with a manual in it so I can ditch the ZF auto since I prefer to row through gears, but now Im actually working on making an adapter place to mate up a T56 to the D24T.

Unfortunately the cost to ship that engine cross country is probably more than its worth, and if its the NA version of the D24, the injection pump, head and some internals are different than the turbo diesels too. If by chance it still has the factory intake manifold I might be interested in that.

my Volvo collection

Trans swap fun.

this is what the factory D24 N/A intake looks like
    Morgan - ISTR Executive Director

93 Typhoon #0180 || 93 Typhoon #1579 || 92 Typhoon #1068 || 52 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
    85 Volvo 745 Turbo Diesel || 06 GMC Sierra 3500 4x4 CCLB SRW LBZ SLT || 07 CGMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 CCSB LBZ SLT

WTB : 93 Typhoon #1682

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

Working...
    X
    rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.