My Blazer was stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Blazer was stolen

Just wanted to share some photos of my Blazer that was stolen from my shop a couple nights ago. Someone jumped the fence, seemingly hot-wired it and drove it *through* our chained gate doing some pretty gnarly damage to it. Started dumping oil as you can see and eventually ditched it down by the Hudson River. They stole the radio, but not the complete Typhoon cladding set that was in the cargo area...

Shitty. Guessing the insurance is going to total it, or are you going to try to fix it?
    --------------------------------
    SyTy Registry
    InternationalSyTyRegistry.com

Comment

Originally posted by SYO237 View Post
      Shitty. Guessing the insurance is going to total it, or are you going to try to fix it?
      I don't think it will be fixable for any reasonable amount. I'm assuming it will be totaled. Steering column is jacked up and radio is missing too.The oil trail is engine oil and transmission fluid so i'm sure they are both toast too. Really too bad, it was a clean truck which is hard to find up this way.

Comment

You plan on taking anything out? Fog light switch looks good
        --------------------------------
        SyTy Registry
        InternationalSyTyRegistry.com

Comment

Originally posted by SYO237 View Post
          You plan on taking anything out? Fog light switch looks good
          Ha Yeah I'll take inventory of whats decent when I get it back in my possession. I'm sure there is stuff worth grabbing

Comment

god damn thats ****ed up. gives me flashbacks to when my Ty was stolen, they took everything that wasn't bolted down, then left it to see if anyone came looking for it before they stripped it. Thankfully it was found before they could do that.
            Morgan - ISTR Executive Director

93 Typhoon #0180 || 93 Typhoon #1579 || 92 Typhoon #1068 || 52 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
            85 Volvo 745 Turbo Diesel || 06 GMC Sierra 3500 4x4 CCLB SRW LBZ SLT || 07 CGMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 CCSB LBZ SLT

WTB : 93 Typhoon #1682

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

I don't know if Lloyd (Sy2243) is on here or not. He had an 89 S-10 2WD short bed std cab pick up he'd had for a long time, and his daughter took it over as her driver when she got her license. Lloyd had done lots of work to it over the years, including a 4.3 up grade from the 2.8. Anyway, about 5 years ago he and I got together and I did another engine for it. This time we did a CPI L35, I fixed the A/C, did all the wiring mods for the L35, I got everything sorted out to DaveP standards. It was really nice and he spent a lot of money having it done. It had a 5-speed and 3.73's, tonneau cover, wheels and was red. It was quick if you could get it to hook up. She took it with her when she moved to Sacramento. It got stolen a few months ago. She was crest fallen. It was the only car she'd ever had, and she still liked it. It was recovered, but there was nothing left. Completely stripped. I had a lot into it too. Bummer. I hate f'in thieves.

I still have a 91 ext cab pick up as my DD. Paint looks like hell, but it isn't dented and being a SoCal native truck it isn't rusty. It's a lot nicer than the scrap S-10's that are in the pick-a-parts now, if there are any at all, and has a lot of nice parts on it. I'm careful about putting it behind the gate every night, and while its had my passive ghost switch deal for years, it got an alarm about 2 years ago, and I set it even in my yard. My pillow is 10 feet away, and my .45 goes to bed with me every night. I pity the fool that comes in my yard and sets it off if I'm home.

And the 7.3 Powerstroke Super Duty is desirable too. Earlier this year I left it in my driveway as a "blocker" when I went on a trip. ( I took the Typhoon). My neighbor said he someone he didn't recognize walk up my driveway and check it out at about 6:00 in the morning. It doesn't stay out any more either.

I didn't used to worry about anything like this and have never had anything stolen other than small shit out of the back of the work truck by the transients in the marinas. But society is changing. I blame it on the changing demographics of the country. There are millions and millions of immigrants that have come from shit-holes where the only way to have anything at all is to steal it from someone who does. So they do the same thing when they get here.

Comment

Valuation came back at $1,350, minus $200 deductible payout would be $1,150. For the valuation the adjuster just called two local used car dealers and got their opinion, one at $1,000 and one at $1,500. I told the adjuster it's worth more than that and send him some links and other proof. We'll see what he comes back at.

Comment

Does the payout include repairing the fence and gate?

Call Jim Murphy. TurboJ91. If you don't have his number, I do. PM or call me. He's an adjuster in CT and has helped several peeps on the other board with valuations on Sy's when the claims agent was using "S-10" valuations for a Syclone. He can give you a few ideas and pointers, and won't mind helping one of the OG SyTyr's.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
                    Does the payout include repairing the fence and gate?

Call Jim Murphy. TurboJ91. If you don't have his number, I do. PM or call me. He's an adjuster in CT and has helped several peeps on the other board with valuations on Sy's when the claims agent was using "S-10" valuations for a Syclone. He can give you a few ideas and pointers, and won't mind helping one of the OG SyTyr's.
                    Valuation was just for the Blazer. Separate claim for the gate. Just got a new valuation of $2,456.00 and I think I am good with that.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.