92 Typhoon #0255

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 Typhoon #0255

I purchased this Typhoon out of Philadelphia exactly 5 years ago today. Zero rust and Amazing paint with a nasty mess underneath. I had no clue what I was getting myself into. I actually thought a highly modded Ty would make a good daily driver since it only had 68k on the clock 😂😂😂.

Fast forward to today day and I am practically now an ASE certified technician thanks to this truck. I’ve only managed to put about 5k on it in 5 years due to what started as an intense number of breakdowns and is now and endless list of modifications. Within a month she was on jack stands due to a blown turbo and leaking upper IC. At the time I knew nothing about syty’s and had no idea where to source parts. After stumbling upon RPMs website I found a turbo but, still could not source a IC which led me to Frozenboost.com where i found some run of the mill shit and slapped my first custom setup together (not the prettiest but, it worked lol). After that I finally found the FB page which led me to the forums where I read post after post in an attempt to educate myself on these trucks.

Truck mods:

Motor: stock heads, PTE6266, ATR headers, 3” downpipe & exhaust, 422 cam, 1.6 rockers, TRW pistons, ICE Wires, NGK plugs

Trans: Built 700R4, 3000 stall triple disc converter, dual B&M 8x11 transcoolers in custom box where lower heat exchanger used to be.

Suspension: SM coilovers & tubular control arms up front, Beltech leafs with Caltracs, Viking adjustable shocks, and rear sway bar.

Wheels/Tires: Speedline Z06 staggered wheels powdercoated galaxy gray 3 and wrapped in Toyo Proxes R888. 255/40/17 up front and 295/30/18 in rear.

Misc: Custom A2A setup, Abs delete, Ac delete, cruise delete, air pump delete, tucked wiring in engine bay, Catch can, custom Radiator and fan shroud, E fan setup, Relocated battery to rear, Painted & trimmed inner fenders, SM vacuum line kit, Edelbrock Aluminum water pump. Well that’s all I got for now

Originally posted by TittyTy View Post
    Fast forward to today day and I am practically now an ASE certified technician thanks to this truck.
    HAHAHA truer words have never been spoken!

I like seeing threads pop up on here from guys that have owned their trucks a while and they're super clean, especially the sexy 92's! hahaha. But yeah, kinda makes me feel like some people are coming out of hiding to post here, and we're getting a lil bit of a revival. Good stuff, and great looking Ty!

Comment

Thanks man. Morgan’s post on his sweet Garnet got me off my ass to finally post a build thread here.

Comment

The 1.6 roller rockers fit under your stock tin valve covers? What did you do to get the PVC to -AN? Great to see some other builds get posted.

Comment

The comp cam. 1.6 rockers do fit under my stock valve covers. I bought 2 fittings that push in to the valve covers but are -10 an male on the other side on Ebay. Think they were about $25 each but it was the only thing I could find to get an lines attached to the covers.

Comment

Beautiful truck! Fast and clean.
            -Brandon

Why is EVERYBODY racing on low boost?

Comment

Originally posted by TittyTy View Post
              The comp cam. 1.6 rockers do fit under my stock valve covers. I bought 2 fittings that push in to the valve covers but are -10 an male on the other side on Ebay. Think they were about $25 each but it was the only thing I could find to get an lines attached to the covers.
              Have a pn on the rockers you used? Anything else done to make them fit?

Comment

Originally posted by JRoyPDX View Post

Have a pn on the rockers you used? Anything else done to make them fit?
                They were on the truck when I purchased it so I don’t have any part # or installation info. Here’s a close up picture if that helps.

Comment

Haven’t updated the build thread in a while so here’s what I’ve been up to. Finally got her to the track and managed to pop off a 11.7 last fall. Due to some boost creep at the end of my run I opted to swap out the old ATR wastegate with a new Tial 38mm. Also installed a scan master G gauge and went from a 2-3 gauge pillar from Lo-Tek

Comment

Update this ya WHORE!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.