Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham1524
    replied
    Well guess this hasn't been updated in a while!

Things I've added in the last year are:

ATR upper
    4L80e
    Camaro aluminum driveshaft that is a direct replacement for stock, but had it shortened for the 80e
    Added another muffler so it's pretty nice and quiet to drive now
    Fixed the odometer motor with one out of a 90's 1500

Next on the list I need to do:

Continue lowering intake temps
    Hit the drag strip finally

Mainly just been a driver truck, drove to Chicago for the midwest meet this year, I've done about 5k+ miles on it this year easily. Might update this again in another year or so!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Graham1524
    replied
    I guess you could say this thing is always changing so here are some recent updates from the past year. Trailered it to Carlisle this year after buying Captain Morgan's truck! Mainly because I was having a problem burning up plug wires, upgraded to some nice magnecor ones and rerouted them and think the problem should be solved. It also runs on E85 now so that also played into how far it can go on any kind of roadtrip. Added a few pics of the new turbo setup that just got finished as well.

Made it to quite a few events this year, the midwest meet was a great time, highly recommend anyone to go. I definitely plan to take my truck there next year when I go. Carlisle was fun as always, met some new faces and had a blast with everyone I've known for years now. The last event was one that Lance put on in Virginia, only 2 trucks, 3 owners, showed up. That was a wild weekend and hopefully it can grow next year. There's a teaser of all the mini bike shenanigans that went down over the weekend.

Current engine setup
    Wiseco 30 over pistons
    Lil brodix -8
    Steve Morris cam
    120 lb injectors
    6262 precision turbo
    Precision wastegate and BOV

Winter mods will be to try and get a brodix B90 intake manifold converted to EFI as well as work on getting a bigger W/A intercooler made. Just discussed some options with the guy doing all of the fab work for me so it should be pretty awesome.

I'm sure there's lots more I'm forgetting.

Leave a comment:

• Graham1524
    replied
    Update time since it's been a while and Carlisle is almost here again. Lots of progress on the truck because I can't seem leave it alone for long.

Big items first, I put headers on the truck, the setup I had in place worked but I could never get an exhaust leak to go away. So if you want to run Lil Brodies with stock manifolds you can, but don't. With headers on the JSM downpipe no longer fit so I had one made as well as an exhaust.

Smaller upgrades:
    Aluminum water pump
    Finally got some speakers in so I can have radio for the trip!
    Picked up the last brand new 25mm front sway bar you could buy from GM, I could feel an immediate improvement in the front end
    Aluminum lower intercooler, I bought a core a while back and finally got a frame and mounting tabs welded to it
    I'm sure there's a ton more that I can't think of at the moment

Got the chance to autocross the truck and it did pretty well, this was before the tune was really sorted so it can only get better. Still have a lot to do before Carlisle so ignore that dirty ass engine bay!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4361.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	1381
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5531302081.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	689.1 KB
ID:	1379Click image for larger version

Name:	20180715_172746.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	1380Click image for larger version

Name:	5531152281.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	709.0 KB
ID:	1378
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Graham1524
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Gonna work on paint at any point?
    I will here at some point, my buddy owns a shop and does great paint so he's going to paint it. I'm just not sure when yet

Leave a comment:

• Captain Morgan
    replied
    Gonna work on paint at any point?

Leave a comment:

• Graham1524
    replied
    Over a thousand miles on the new setup and it is great! The ride to Carlisle and back was nice and smooth on the full coilover suspension and we cruised most of the way right at 80 mph. So far I've been averaging 12 mpg which isn't too bad considering speed and terrain.

I was able to get the radio working, the fuse was missing so the fix was incredibly easy. However, if I plugged my phone in to charge from the cigarette lighter the fuse would blow. There was also a bit of a rub somewhere on left hand turns but we think it has been fixed. One of the fittings on the power steering box wasn't entirely tight and the long bar bracket thing for the transfer case needed to be adjusted some.

Moving forward we now have a new to do list:
    Finish the tune
    Find and fix all the small squeaks and rattles
    Build some kind of box for the air filter to go in
    Picked up an aluminum water pump that needs to go on
    Upgrade the lower heat exchanger, it's definitely seen better days

Leave a comment:

• Graham1524
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    nice job man, what is the radio problem, no power or no sound?
    I have no idea, may just not be plugged in. All I've really done is hit the power button and I can hear static but the face doesn't light up. It's pretty low on my to do list.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Morgan
    replied
    nice job man, what is the radio problem, no power or no sound?

Leave a comment:

• Graham1524
    replied
    Been working like crazy to get this thing into shape to make it to Carlisle. Has almost 200 miles on the rebuild, got an inspection and tag. It's out getting an alignment today and should be getting a good run through this weekend before we leave Wednesday. Have run in to a few issues but nothing too serious yet.

Things I need to figure out are:
    Bracket to tether the intercooler to the intake, sort of have a fix for now
    Getting the tune perfect or at least good enough for a long drive
    Why the radio isn't working

Leave a comment:

• Graham1524
    replied
    Have it out and about with a few miles on it now. Had a bit of a scare driving it home and found out the hard way that the calipers had not been tightened properly. That will be fixed and then some more smaller issue, finishing the exhaust, have someone go over the tune for me, get an alignment, and get it inspected. Pic for attention, check out all of that 90's goodness!!

Leave a comment:

• Graham1524
    replied
    Drove it for the first time on the new setup and everything seems good so far. Didn't have power steering at first, quick fix, just had to add more fluid. Also the dash gauges are horribly inaccurate when compared to the holley readings, mini holley dash screen will be in my future for sure.

Come to Carlisle and you should be able to see all of the shitty goodness for yourself!

Leave a comment:

• Alwayswantedone
    replied
    I agree. They do look nice on there.

Leave a comment:

• Graham1524
    replied
    Originally posted by Alwayswantedone View Post
    Hey Graham what wheels are on the sy in the pics of it in the storage unit?
    They are 3SDM 0.06 wheels, they are a UK brand and seem to be big on VW's and BMW's as well. I think they fit the truck pretty great

Leave a comment:

• Alwayswantedone
    replied
    Hey Graham what wheels are on the sy in the pics of it in the storage unit?

Leave a comment:

• Graham1524
    replied
    The JSM 3 link has been installed and the truck is on the ground again and sitting low, hopefully in the next week or so I can get it driving around to report back with some good news. Here is a glimpse of how it sits now, this is the most it has been together in quite a while now. It's still not much to look at but that's not been the focus in the project yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.