Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show & Tell About Your Truck!

1992 #0261

The history of this truck is pretty well known in the community, and I am currently her temporary caretaker.

I have an in-progress website going for it at http://tnphoon.wixsite.com/1of28

And for those that know the truck, unfortunately during it's stay in NJ, it lost the long pipe.

Currently a little over 77k on the odometer (Not a Garage Queen anymore, she gets driven and enjoyed).

Engineering Sheet Date: 9/30/1991
    Build Date: 10/2/1992
    GM Final Ship: 10/5/1992
    Body Inspection Sheet Date: 10/7/1991
    Vehicle Receive Report Date: 10/7/1991
    Date on Inspection Sheet: 10/7/1991
    Date on engine test results: 10/9/1991
    Ship Date: 11/8/1991

Ship To Dealer:
    ENICH Oldsmobile-GMC Truck
    16400 West Colfax Avenue
    Golden CO 80401

Engine: W922480195
    Transmission: MY07451141
    Transfer Case: C001605
    '92 #0261

So here's the story I have on my Ty #0776. I live in Texas but currently from Nebraska and so I get alerts for vehicles posted in FB classified groups. One night I seen this girl posted at a decent price. Instantly there is immense interest and I knew that if I wanted this truck, I was going to have to act quick. Knowing how rare these trucks are, I asked the seller for the VIN because I wanted to make sure it wasn't a clone or something. So I had a friend run the Carfax, it came back clean. I also did a Google search on the VIN and was able to track down some previous for sale listings on it. One of the previous owners had pulled off the cladding and did all the body work to properly shave it. He claimed he wanted to turn it into a sleeper, but obviously wished he didn't. I ended up finding another seller from an eBay listing, so I messaged him asking about it and he was quite impressed I was able to track him down. Both him and the guy he bought it from were both members on ******** (E. Murray and intheclouds1977). He gave me the run down on the truck and learned that it wasn't quite as stock as the seller I bought it from thought (ported 17c, BMW compressor, VeloSyTy chip, AEM wideband, Shurflo IC pump, cat/EGR/ABS deletes, heavy gauge cche scoop, CF intake, Forge WG, etc). I didn't have the cash at the time but was expecting an amount that would cover the cost so I took out a loan, flew home to get it and drove it back 850mi with 0 problems. Slowly but surely she is getting her groove back with the help of some TLC and the expertise of Rob Putman (Wyosyclone). After over 30 bin changes, we have her about as good as she's going to get without adding more parts, so I took her out this weekend for some 1/8th mile arm drop no prep racing. This was my first time ever trying to boost launch it, or even drag racing at a track for that matter. Ended up beating an LS1 Camaro twice even after him deflating his tires for more traction the 2nd time around. On to some pics, since these have been taken, I have notched the Jimmy airdam to allow for more airflow to the CCHE.
    14 new photos ยท Album by josh hafner

Comment

I have owned 1437 since 2003 and it has been through several transformations from a daily drive stock truck to a full build motor, trans, ATA, Meth, suspension track loving truck that is still street driven when the motor is not blow. It is currently sitting and waiting for its new heart to put together and install back in.

Comment

Owner of Syclone #2419 (Hyde)aka the Psycho Syclone. Not stock.

https://youtu.be/5hJ0kMY6rc4

Also own Syclone #2244(Jekyll). Really stock.

Comment

Syclone #237

I bought my Syclone back in July 98 when I was 18 years old with 14,401 miles. It didnt take me long to find and meet up with fellow FL owners (some who I am still very good friends with today) and start into the journey of SyTy ownership. I daily drove it for a few years and slowly did minor bolt on upgrades over time. Ive taken her to numerous SyTy meets including all around FL and Georgia as well as National events including Kansas City and Bowling Green (more than once). All driven, never trailered. Ive been in countless street races, both winning and losing.

Today, my Sy sits with 8x,000. A few years back I got into autocrossing after we tried it out at one of our SyTy Nationals. Since then, my focus has been more on the handling side of driving rather than trying to go as fast as possible with the most power made. Our trucks were certainly not set up to do any sort of precise handling, so it's been an adventure to slowly change that reality and get it to be a competitive contender in the Super Street Modified class which I typically run in.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	13167865584_21957fa8a5_z.jpg Views:	1 Size:	252.7 KB ID:	386
          --------------------------------
          SyTy Registry
          InternationalSyTyRegistry.com

Comment

Typhoon PAS #2270 (aka NoJimmy):

Its one thing to be the original owner of a 1993 GMC Typhoon with less than 20,000 total miles and modify it for more performance.
            Its quite another matter to build from scratch a custom stroked LS7 441ci engine with Trick Flow ported heads, Gibtec billet custom pistons,
            custom rods, a balanced/blueprinted rotational assembly, custom hybrid wet/dry sump oiling system, a custom fuel cell/system,
            custom long tube (phased firing order) ceramic coated headers, dual 3" stainless exhaust, and more (while retaining A/C, PS, PB, PW,
            Leather Interior, and Factory Stereo).

From the fabricated suspension, AWD chromolly driveline, custom electronic-select transfercase, Dakota VHX racepack dash, racing
            foot pedals, exterior electronic kill switch, Wilwood f/r 4 piston caliper brakes, Grant removal leather steering wheel, GoodMark steel
            hood, 15" light-weight Weld wheels with multiple sized M&H drag radials f/r (via custom f/r gearing), subtle ghost flames, rear mounted AGM battery,
            HID headlights/clear lens, and custom fuel cell/system there are so many "tricks" installed on this truck that to the casual observer it looks like factory
            equipment (on purpose).

A multiple car show and magazine award winner, the list of one-of-a-kind components along with the performance, places
            its accomplishments among the most detailed (and carefully thought out) SUV's. Its been know to "pull the front wheels"
            in AWD Mode on the street during hard launches due to its 3400 lb weight (including driver) and routinely spin all 4 massively wide
            M&H drag radial tires.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Small-LSXTV_ReadersRidePic_zps9d82ebad.jpg Views:	1 Size:	48.0 KB ID:	394
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NOJIMMY; 05-10-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

1993 #0776 Bought it last year. Its a slow project for me trying to get it in best shape possible without doing too much. Currently has 69k on it. Drives like a champ.

2011 GSXR 600
              2011 Hayabusa
              2012 Ram 3500 Cummins
              1995 Toyota Supra
              1993 GMC Typhoon #0776 White/White

Comment

1991 Syclone #2882, bought in 1996 from the original owner with 18k miles on it. Currently only has 32k miles one, never seen rain, hell I've never washed it since I've owned it. Went through the normal run of the mill upgrades, started with just 20g turbo upgrade and it has snow balled ever since.

Current status is a full bowtie build that is almost complete that has taken much longer and way more expensive then I ever could have imagined. I will say that during the whole process I have never cut a single thing on the whole truck to ensure i can go back to stock at any moment. I also have to say I never gave up in my vision of how I wanted the truck from the bolt in 4 link to the zo6 brakes and custom CCW wheels I never just gave in and bought the cheaper part just to get done faster.

Pics to be updated
                Syclone 2882
                Built Bowtie Setup

Comment

May 2013 I got into accident with my xtreme blazer & another driver was at fault. Insurance paid me and let me keep blazer. Next day I sold blazer because I found that syclone in Reno Nevada Craigslist. So I had to drive all the way there & pick it up then back to Iowa. It was 69k miles when I bought and now around 73k. Lot of modified being done to it.

Comment

Afternoon picked up ty 1447 yesterday very happy needs a little tlc if any N.Y. metro members Lmk.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.