Hardware Guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware Guide?

Bottom Line Up Front, Is there a mostly complete hardware size guide for the Engine and Chassis? A excel spread sheet that gets me in the ball park would be a great start.

Last year I bought 93 Ty 0623, and some of it was delivered in oil soaked cardboard boxes. Alot of things, like hardware never made the trip. I have all the GMC service manuals, but they arent of much use, Ive done some searching of the GM part numbers and gotten a few sizes but thats a slow road, and its only gotten me answers about 25% of the time. You would think I could do the old air force check and just reference the old stuff Im taking out, but Im sure like many others, alot of what Im removing doesnt match, isnt installed, or is clearly WRONG. After reading about Sportmachines latest shop truck build a line in their got me thinking:

"To go along with cleaning the engine bay, every bolt or nut that we removed or touched was replaced with a stainless steel product to slow down corrosion significantly during the course of winter driving."

someone probably made a spread sheet by now.

Thanks
    Jay

I can give you a hint regarding the metric or SAE? dilemma. Most of the SAE fasteners are on the engine. But there are also metric fasteners on the engine.
    If the threaded hole was made at the engine assembly plant, it is an SAE fastener.
    The 4.3 / 5.7 was never up-dated to metric fasteners. So threaded holes in the block and heads will be SAE. But the bolts in the power steering pump and alternator are metric. Same with the throttle body to upper manifold. Metric. These holes were not tapped at the engine assembly plant, but at the supplier that manufactured the component.
    The lower intake manifold is also SAE because It was cast, machined, and installed by the engine assembly plant. The reason is that all engines are hot-run on natural gas after they are completed. The lower had to be installed to facilitate the hot-run. This is mentioned in the SAE White paper. The lower was on the engine when it was shipped to PAS for engine-dress at that facility. I was perplexed by this because intakes are usually supplied by other foundries and should be metric. When I read the white paper, I understand why the intake is SAE too.
    Last edited by DaveP; 03-01-2018, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X
    rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.