Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow myself to introduce myself...

Hello Everyone!

New member from Canada here, Always wanted a Syclone or Typhoon and searched on and off for a while. Last year i found one that was local. 1992 typhoon 2425, Forest Green. 79k miles. It was originally bought in Oregon and the first owner moved to British Columbia and brought it with him. I think he owned it about 7 years and the gentleman that i purchased it from had it about 18 years. It sat for a while in a warehouse/barn and from what records i can see, only drove about 4k miles in the last 10 years. The previous owner bought it stock- over the years he installed an alarm, painted the cladding green to match, painted the inside wheels, cowl hood and light guards, rear deflector and battery tender. My plan was to slowly bring it back to stock. In the last year ive done general maintenance, shocks, new leafs, Ive got a quote to paint the cladding back to grey but the green /green is growing on my. Maybe ill leave it for a while. i also have the stock hood in original paint.

Ive been following along and read many forums learning more detailed information about this truck- I've even listened to every podcast! Here is my coming out of the woodwork and posting on the forum- not the facebook page Carlisle is a long way away but hope to make it there one day.

welcome! great first post and good job cross posting to the group.

i remember when this truck came up for sale, looked pretty clean and i really dont mind the all green look of this truck.

Carlisle is a long haul, but there is a large group of western Canada guys that were really interest in going next year. We already have a bunch of lovely Canadians that come from Ontario every year, we'd love to have more come down, it's always a blast chatting with those guys and their trucks are usually cleaner than ours too! haha.
    Morgan - ISTR Executive Director

93 Typhoon #0180 || 93 Typhoon #1579 || 92 Typhoon #1068 || 52 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
    85 Volvo 745 Turbo Diesel || 06 GMC Sierra 3500 4x4 CCLB SRW LBZ SLT || 07 CGMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 CCSB LBZ SLT

WTB : 93 Typhoon #1682

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

Welcome to the community. Your truck looks to be in great condition. Thank you for sharing pictures with us! Keep us posted on your progress back to stock.
      -Brandon

Why is EVERYBODY racing on low boost?

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Looks like a pretty clean truck and still showing some very stock attributes, so shouldnt be an issue to get it back to almost 100% original Thanks for the support on listening to the podcast! We are still learning the ropes, but having fun sharing info and stories....lots of ideas and plans for future podcasts, so please keep listening!

Like Morgan mentioned, there definitely is a strong Canadian group and its not uncommon for you guys to cross the border for a bit and hang out. Even if you cant bring your truck, try to make it to hang out and have some fun in person. Seeing everyone elses trucks usually is a big motivator for most owners to finish up mods or get ideas for new ones.

Keep us posted.... make a project page for your truck!
        --------------------------------
        SyTy Registry
        InternationalSyTyRegistry.com

Comment

Thanks everyone! Yes definitely will try to come to a meet- the dream would be to bring the truck down one day. Keep the podcasts going! Maybe a session on what other cars/trucks people own. Would be cool to see their other interests

Comment

Good looking truck that hasn't been abused by mods and rust. Nice find, and welcome aboard.

I have a question regarding the green exterior paint on your 92, because it appears to still be in good condition. I had a 93 S-Blazer that was painted the same color, but in a different assembly plant than the Typhoons were built at. My 93 had "WA/ENAM" on the sticker in the glove box. This denotes "Water Borne Enamel", and the paint began to go to crap within the first couple of years.

I'm curious if the Ty's had the same crummy paint? Would you please look on your sticker (in the glove box) for the paint material and report back? Some other choices I've seen are "HI SOLID ENAM" and "BC/CC". The paint material is usually at the bottom of the decal. Not up with all the RPO / SPO codes. Thanks.

Comment

Here are 2 pictures of the sticker in the glove box, hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
              X
              rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.