Winter 2019 Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter 2019 Projects

The off-season is upon us. Soon it'll be time to tuck the toys away for winter.

Does anyone have any plans, projects, or general maintenance that they are scheduling this winter? Post them up, you may get some insight and tips from other members.
    -Brandon

Why is EVERYBODY racing on low boost?

Hopefully finishing up the engine Ive been building and dropping it in and working out the bugs. Only have a handful of things to iron out.

Comment

Originally posted by Static View Post
      Hopefully finishing up the engine Ive been building and dropping it in and working out the bugs. Only have a handful of things to iron out.
      what kind of engine combination are you putting in your Typhoon?
      -Brandon

Why is EVERYBODY racing on low boost?

Comment

No big projects here. This summer was shot due to an accident & injuries. I just put my truck on the road and I am hoping to put a couple miles on it this fall. I am hoping just to get it going early next year and get in a trip or two to the track. I am also planning on being more active on the forums after being relatively inactive the last few years.

Comment

A lot of house projects/repairs this summer has taken what little money I had left after buying a trailer, jr dragster for my son, and everything needed to go racing again last winter. My truck is out in AZ with Bob Ostercamp so he can finish up the wiring and get it running. Hoping to get back ahead of the money game so I can actually send him money to get started on it.

Comment

I don't know about projects for Winter 2019... I haven't thought that far ahead yet.

But for winter 2018, I just might actually get around to installing my AlkyControl kit that I bought almost 8 years ago haha.

This summer I finally ripped out my ABS, installed coilovers, and my CTS-v brakes, so now I have room under the hood for the alky reservoir. Today I get to replace my ignition cylinder, and the power brake booster. With the stock brakes I had to practically stand on the pedal just to get the truck to stop, and I thought "jeez these brakes are terrible! I remember them being bad, but not THIS bad". I got the CTS-v brakes on and was expecting to stop on a dime, and it was just as hard if not harder to get the truck to stop... then I noticed the brake pedal being slow to return and hissing every time I hit the brakes. Anyone who says their truck is done, is a liar! hahaha. There's ALWAYS something broken or in need of fixing.
            Last edited by Typhoon0627; 10-15-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I'm currently working on the cladding for #1230 that I began the restoration on in 2000. I would like to get it finished and probably sold by next summer. It's a beautiful truck, but I've lot interest. I just want it done and gone. Been in my way for 18 years. Cladding is the biggest task left. It runs and drives, and the paint is done. Somebody is going to get another nice "DaveP sorted" truck.

Comment

Originally posted by GarnetTy1473 View Post
                My truck is out in AZ with Bob Ostercamp.....
                Hope it's covered or indoors, JJ. That AZ sun will wreck that beautiful paint in a few months if he's not caring for it.

Comment

• Static
                  Static commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can confirm that the truck is indoors. I see it on a regular basis.

Think I’m finally going to get around to throwing C6 front and rear brakes on the ty this winter, don’t want to do too much else since I finally have it running flawlessly BUT I’m also taking her the the track for the first time and if I’m disappointed Im sure I’ll be swapping the top end to either the vortecs or my lil Brodie’s.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
                  I'm currently working on the cladding for #1230 that I began the restoration on in 2000. I would like to get it finished and probably sold by next summer. It's a beautiful truck, but I've lot interest. I just want it done and gone. Been in my way for 18 years. Cladding is the biggest task left. It runs and drives, and the paint is done. Somebody is going to get another nice "DaveP sorted" truck.
                  Any truck you put together is a Sure Steal. Your Meticulate and are a Godfather of these Trucks! Still wish I snatched up Desert Sy Loved the color Combo!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.