Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Bixby's Typhoon

"Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

1992 GMC Typhoon #2364 previously owned by actor Bill Bixby (Dr. Bruce Banner - The Incredible Hulk) recently rolled across the Barrett Jackson floor selling at a respectable $60,500.

http://internationalsytyregistry.com...typhoon-sells/
    --------------------------------
    SyTy Registry
    InternationalSyTyRegistry.com

I have friends and family who attend the BJ and Mecum auctions and buy/sell classic cars. The buying atmosphere is different between the two auctions. Mecum typically has fair and honest hammer prices for the average car collector. While BJ seems to have the big-wallet impulse buyers who are bidding for the fun of it.

I've unloaded many car haulers with vehicles from both auctions, that were quickly bolted together and rolled across the block. Cars that are not tuned, brakes not bled, loose exhaust clamps, no coolant. But they look great being pushed around on TV.
    -Brandon

Why is EVERYBODY racing on low boost?

Comment

What on earth makes any Typhoon worth 60k to anyone, particularly at BJ Vegas? That does not make sense. Could it have been shill bid with the intent to establish a price-point for offering it again at B-J Scottsdale in January?

These auctions are produced for television. That's where the money is, selling the production to sponsors and cable outlets. The cars are just pawns in the real game which is producing the SHOW.
      Last edited by DaveP; 10-10-2019, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
        What on earth makes any Typhoon worth 60k to anyone, particularly at BJ Vegas? That does not make sense. Could it have been shill bid with the intent to establish a price-point for offering it again at B-J Scottsdale in January?

These auctions are produced for television. That's where the money is, selling the production to sponsors and cable outlets. The cars are just pawns in the real game which is producing the SHOW.
        I agree, nothing makes that Ty worth what it sold for, someone will eventually lose their ass on it in the long run, maybe multiple people will lose their ass on it.

There are some people who feel this is a good thing, that it will raise the values of our trucks. It's such bullshit, one truck selling for a severely over-inflated price due to "celebrity" ownership and alcohol influenced bidding does not mean shit in the long run.
        Morgan - ISTR Executive Director

93 Typhoon #0180 || 93 Typhoon #1579 || 92 Typhoon #1068 || 52 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
        85 Volvo 745 Turbo Diesel || 06 GMC Sierra 3500 4x4 CCLB SRW LBZ SLT || 07 CGMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 CCSB LBZ SLT

WTB : 93 Typhoon #1682

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

Working...
        X
        rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.