Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Post of the Year. Does anyone care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Post of the Year. Does anyone care?

Happy New Year everyone. 5 days into 2021 and no activity on this board? Are SyTYs a dying breed?

HNY! Most of the activity is on FB or on the blog portion of this forum: https://internationalsytyregistry.com/

The 92 SGT info page just got put up and there's more coming down the pipeline that is being worked on.

FB killed a lot forums, not just SyTy. Yes, it's quiet here, but the other place isnt exactly a raging party either. It was similar when mailing lists where the way we all communicated in the late 90s. Then in the early 2000s the forum platform came along and many left the mailing list behind. Most accepted it and jumped on board with a small percentage that refused. Once people realized how easy it was to integrate FB with their interests and hobbies and specific interest groups where established, forums slowly started to fade. Many have accepted FB as the goto standard, yet there are still those who prefer forums. At some point, something will push FB off the map and the newest platform will take over.

When we formed ISTR, the forum aspect wasnt looked upon as a focus area as we already knew all forums where struggling. However, as a database for posting, storing, and searching on truck information and data is still relevant and a forum platform still works great in that sense.

SyTy owners and the trucks are hardly a dying breed. The trucks are receiving more attention from outside media and sources more than ever due to a classic status and it's honestly now truly getting harder to find good clean unmolested gems. There are still plenty of regional and national meets going on and plenty of videos being done on builds and history. Ive seen more connections internationally due to instagram and FB for syty owners than ever before, even when forums where at their peak. This is a niche group. Always has been always will be.

I still urge people to use the forum here. It's helpful to have a collective site that can be easily referenced. The more data we input here, the better it becomes.

--------------------------------
    SyTy Registry
    InternationalSyTyRegistry.com

Comment

**** Faceberg. They track everything you do and sell all your information.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
        Newsflash - youre on the internet, where most applications, websites, and things you look at track and collect your information. FB is just openly more public about their data collection than others. Welcome to the forum, Jimmy.
        --------------------------------
        SyTy Registry
        InternationalSyTyRegistry.com

Comment

Originally posted by corsair231 View Post
          Happy New Year everyone. 5 days into 2021 and no activity on this board? Are SyTYs a dying breed?
          I read/check on things at least a few times a week, most of the time just on my phone, unless it's urgent I typically don't reply and plan to do it on my laptop when I get home... but then that usually never happens either.

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
          Hi Jimmy!!!! I agree, **** them, but it's such a massive platform, to ignore it or any social media outlet for the purposes of promoting and sharing information is probably not a wise move on our part.

It's very much possible with all the censorship and people leaving social media, that things may pick up around here, only time will tell.
          Morgan - ISTR Executive Director

93 Typhoon #0180 || 93 Typhoon #1579 || 92 Typhoon #1068 || 52 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
          85 Volvo 745 Turbo Diesel || 06 GMC Sierra 3500 4x4 CCLB SRW LBZ SLT || 07 CGMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 CCSB LBZ SLT

WTB : 93 Typhoon #1682

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

I totally agree W/ Capt Morgan. FB and IG both track you. Don't use either and only use VPN from PC. Keep on Trucckin!!!

Comment

Still a Sy/Ty'er, but am working on other projects. Check the site several times a week for updates, just no response from myself.
              Getting old, I guess.

Comment

Ummmm. tried to post a reply, but gave me an 'error'.
                Maybe why not many responses.

Comment

Checking In.
                  -Brandon

Why is EVERYBODY racing on low boost?

Comment

Hi.............

Comment

Hi Dave!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Morgan - ISTR Executive Director

93 Typhoon #0180 || 93 Typhoon #1579 || 92 Typhoon #1068 || 52 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
                      85 Volvo 745 Turbo Diesel || 06 GMC Sierra 3500 4x4 CCLB SRW LBZ SLT || 07 CGMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 CCSB LBZ SLT

WTB : 93 Typhoon #1682

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.