Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Opening! Welcome to the ISTR Forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Opening! Welcome to the ISTR Forum!

What is ISTR exactly? The International Syclone Typhoon Registry is a long-term project that incorporates everything that we know and love about these trucks. Our main focus is to collect, organize, preserve and distribute as much information as possible.

ISTR has recently become a nonprofit organization, but various aspects of this project date back to 2014 and have been slowly building and growing to this point of public announcement. We are now hoping that with the support of the community, the growth will be faster, but not lose accuracy or integrity.

ISTR is also working on a whole new truck registry that will include the important information and history that is in the current registry, plus more available search criteria and addition of previously excluded or unknown truck information. The driving force behind such a massive undertaking is to hopefully get an accurate answer to the question; “How many trucks are still out there?

Along with the acquisition of many SyTy documents and the new registry coming soon, we felt it imperative to have fresh, clean way of displaying and delivering that information to the public, so we have created the forum you are currently viewing. There are the normal public sections that we are accustomed to seeing on nearly every automotive forum (general information/chat, technical areas, classifieds), but we also have some closed sections that will only be viewable for ISTR Membership holders (more information to be released on that soon). Sadly, we’ve had some important SyTy figures leave us over the past few years and we felt it was very important to have a section to commemorate those who were long time owners and those who played an integral roll within the SyTy community. It will be a fully moderated forum (posts will not go public until approved) and no chit-chat posts will be permitted. However, forum members are welcome to make public posts in the SyTySoGT Guild for discussion.

Is there more to ISTR? Yes, but we don’t want to let the cat out of the bag on everything at this point. The executive committee has been working around the clock for the past two months to get to this point. We are pleased with what we have to present today, but we know there is a lot more work ahead of us and will be recruiting members for various other committees and projects within ISTR, So, sign up and look for new threads in the coming weeks.

Also, don’t forget to follow us on social media. There will be announcements made on those services as well (links can be found on the right side of the main forum page).

Thank you,
    ISTR Board of Directors

You guys have clearly been hard at work. Looking forward to the renewed drive to keep these trucks on the road and the community together. Nicely done!
    T Jay | Letter T LLC | www.lettertgraphics.com
    1998 Volvo V70R | 2003 Mitsubishi Montero LTD

Comment

Absolutely T Jay. I don't speak for the entire board, but for me, I had kind of lost the fire a bit over the past years. Haven't been as motivated to host events or even attend them. Once we decided to form ISTR, a switch went off in me, and I have been working feverishly to help get the site going and contribute in any way. Even my wife asked why I was so interested in SyTys again (pretty sure she hoped I had moved on). It's more than a breath of life into the community, but into me (and several others) as well.
      Hood
      Syclone #1596
      ISTR Treasurer & Underwear Model

Comment

Good stuff guys!! Keep the dream alive! lol

Comment

Nice work guys, glad to be here.

Comment

Hoping for the best to everyone involved. Looks promising so far.
            2011 GSXR 600
            2011 Hayabusa
            2012 Ram 3500 Cummins
            1995 Toyota Supra
            1993 GMC Typhoon #0776 White/White

Comment

I see that there are posts in the historical and news forums but how do we view them?

Comment

Great, another forum to spend countless hours on and spreading the love of our awsome trucks! Thanks guys y'all are doing wonderful things for our community! 👍🏽

Comment

Great job guys. Hope this helps rejuvenate everyone.
                  Syclone 2882
                  Built Bowtie Setup

Comment

Originally posted by Sy-1177 View Post
                    Good stuff guys!! Keep the dream alive! lol
                    we're trying! maybe we'll be able to do some things that many owners haven't even dreamt of yet

Originally posted by RIsy0062 View Post
                    Nice work guys, glad to be here.
                    thank you, glad to have you here.

Originally posted by JoeSupra View Post
                    Hoping for the best to everyone involved. Looks promising so far.
                    thank you, we haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg on what we have planned.

Originally posted by keith455 View Post
                    I see that there are posts in the historical and news forums but how do we view them?
                    those sections as well as other will be available to ISTR Members in the near future, more information will be released on that very soon.

Originally posted by abes_sy View Post
                    Great, another forum to spend countless hours on and spreading the love of our awsome trucks! Thanks guys y'all are doing wonderful things for our community! 👍🏽
                    we aim to please! please feel free to waste as much time here as you would like

Originally posted by 10secv6 View Post
                    Great job guys. Hope this helps rejuvenate everyone.
                    rejuvenation seems to be a common trend when polling syty owners. the old stale routine isn't cutting it anymore, we're looking to change that starting now and keep the momentum up all year long and for years to come.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Very cool. There is never enough support and information out there for these trucks, and the more there is and the more thorough, detailed and accurate information is a huge plus, especially having it in one place. Looking forward to this and being a part of the group, and applying everything I can gain here towards my next truck. Thanks to all those involved in putting this together!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LazerBlueTy View Post
                          Very cool. There is never enough support and information out there for these trucks, and the more there is and the more thorough, detailed and accurate information is a huge plus, especially having it in one place. Looking forward to this and being a part of the group, and applying everything I can gain here towards my next truck. Thanks to all those involved in putting this together!!!
                          Appreciate the kind words and encouragement. We look forward to growing the community (and growing it closer) through these efforts.

Comment

Awesome to see the positive posts and support to get ISTR going. This is something that has been a long time in the works and Im amped to see it finally starting to materialize. We have a great team and with the continued support of the community, we can make this a seriously awesome source of info for all current and future owners.

Thanks everyone!
                            --------------------------------
                            SyTy Registry
                            InternationalSyTyRegistry.com

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.