Introduction / Typhoon Prototype #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction / Typhoon Prototype #4

Hello everyone, just introducing myself to the forum. Last fall I bought my first Sy/Ty - a 1991 Typhoon. It is #4 of the 7 (I believe) prototypes that were built. I sent some of this info to Adam to be included in the prototype section.

Here is some info on the truck along with some pictures. It appears some of the features are similar to the blue 91 prototype listed on the site.
    - Was a 91 Jimmy 4x4 converted to a Typhoon.
    - Has black overspray on the undercarriage.
    - Has Jimmy GVWR sticker in the door jam.
    - Gold glove box decal (not sure if this was the same as production).
    - Rearview mirror has lights but they do not work.
    - Gas pedal has extra rod (not sure if this was the same as production).

Some other unique features:
    - Truck has Syclone seats and steering wheel.
    - Cloth rear seats and door panels.
    - Sliding rear windows.
    - Dyno tailpipe is still in place.
    - No front propshaft (I assume this is most likely due to development testing on a single axle dyno).
    - T-4 markings on the rear view mirror and inside gas filler door.
    - ECM is in the glove box.
    - Current mileage is 9,200 - still have the original Firestone Firehawk tires on the original rims.

When the original owner bought it from PAS it had no body cladding. He told me this truck was used to for the cladding development and fitment. The paint was pretty scratched up as a result so he repainted it in the mid '90s and added OEM cladding shortly after.

Regards,
    Sean
    Current Stable:
    91 Typhoon
    87 Grand National
    98 Corvette
    06 Trailblazer SS
    07 CTS-V
    16 ATS-V

Very cool! Thank you for posting this!
    Hood
    Syclone #1596
    ISTR Treasurer & Underwear Model

Comment

I love those rear windows I had them in a blazer years ago. Ive thought about trying to find some for my TY but never came across a decent set

Comment

Working...
      X
      rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.