2018 Truck Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Truck Goals

2018 is right around the corner and I know a ton of guys look at this time of year to begin doing modifications while the white stuff falls from the sky. What's everyone doing for 2018?

Myself - Major things I need to do is to replace my front diff, CV axles, send my propshaft out for inspection, and check the VC/xfer case for damage. For those who dont know, my propshaft came out of the truck at highway speed on the way to Carlisle. The front diff case ended up cracking in half and we had to break my axles in order to continue down the road in 2WD. Not sure if the propshaft is still good to use (it appears to be ok?) but rather send it out to be inspected before I have to spend to the money for a new one. Already sourced a 4x4 front diff to which I'll have to swap the axle tubes over.

Who wants to come over and help?
    --------------------------------
    SyTy Registry
    InternationalSyTyRegistry.com

I might be able to help... Since you live about 3 miles away and I have a lift.

Comment

I have a few little finishing touches I'll be working on

-another valve cover breather
      -lower intercooler mod
      -hopefully my friend can clean up my floor pan and I can get some carpet in it

Mainly working on driving it and just getting some miles in

Comment

I have A LOT of stuff I would like to do to my truck before I pull it out again next spring. This list includes;

- new boots on my original GM CV axles
        - install brand new transfer case I still have
        - Electric fans
        - Air to Air intercooler set up with methanol injection
        - All new steering from the column, to the tie rods
        - cut out rear bump stops and install new rear shocks and a bell tech sway bar.
        - install my C5 corvette brakes
        - I'm sure there's more......

Comment

I would like to take all the cladding off to do a good detail. Take the bed off to clean and paint the underside(por15). While thats off touch up any spots on my frame where paint has peeled off. Also change out my brake lines. Pretty much everything I can do with the bed off. Maybe I will have the whole truck painted then I can put some decals on the tailgate. Hopefully I have enough time.

Comment

My goal is to get all my trucks up and running and sold or parted out so I can work on other projects.
            Morgan - ISTR Executive Director

93 Typhoon #0180 || 93 Typhoon #1579 || 92 Typhoon #1068 || 52 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
            85 Volvo 745 Turbo Diesel || 06 GMC Sierra 3500 4x4 CCLB SRW LBZ SLT || 07 CGMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 CCSB LBZ SLT

WTB : 93 Typhoon #1682

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

New Turbo, New Motor Mounts, New rear leafs, Taking it to Sportmachines for tuning, and turbo tweak chip. ALso, sorting out the brakes....

Comment

Not much. As always, address any oil leaks. Will probably get that sway bar on finally (before 2018). Newer rear tires if I get around to it. Otherwise, she's good to go.

Comment

I hope to get it running and drive it for the first time in 2 years when I brought it home in pieces. It still needs VC checked transmission mount replaced front sway bar installed battery installed air filter fitted brakes bled and installed wideband and turbo tweak chip installed. Going to need some cladding replaced and stereo wiring dome light wiring but mainly want to get it started up and can address those other items after.

Comment

During the winter I'll be working every possible hour so I can afford the mods I wanna do to my SGT in March 2018.

Doing a mild build LS swap, repainting, and some sheet metal repair/replacing

Comment

Something is a little off on my Syclone, (it's probably something minor, like a tune up)

For 2018, I would like to get my Syclone running perfect again, fix my AC, drive my Syclone more, and perhaps attend a SyTy meet to help rejuvenate me in SyTy's.

Comment

Originally posted by dgoodhue View Post
                        and perhaps attend a SyTy meet to help rejuvenate me in SyTy's.
                        Plan for Carlisle!

--------------------------------
                        SyTy Registry
                        InternationalSyTyRegistry.com

Comment

Finish my Typhoon run low 9s high 8s if possible. Sell it to filthy rich shake from Dubai. Use the proceeds to build new 6 car shop at my house. The End!,

Comment

fresh brakes, polish the paint again, better rear driveshaft, clean up the wiring harness & engine bay.
                            -Brandon

Why is EVERYBODY racing on low boost?

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.