X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typhoon0627
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveP View Post
    From time to time, I've had trouble getting the upper shock mount to go back in its pocket. Seems that banging on the bolt with impacts squishes the pocket, and a new shock won't fit back in. The first time it happened, after some head-scratching, I came up with a short 5/8-16 bolt and nut, and used it to spread the sides of the pocket apart. you don't have to move the sides very far. Now I don't fight it, some times I spread the pocket before I even try to put the shock in. Makes it more easy,
    I actually had thought about doing the bolt method, but I figured there'd be no way in hell i'd be able to push those sides out with just a bolt and an open end wrench. If that works pretty easy, I'll definitely keep that in mind. Hopefully I won't have to swap out A-arms or shocks for a very LONG time after this! haha

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied
    From time to time, I've had trouble getting the upper shock mount to go back in its pocket. Seems that banging on the bolt with impacts squishes the pocket, and a new shock won't fit back in. The first time it happened, after some head-scratching, I came up with a short 5/8-16 bolt and nut, and used it to spread the sides of the pocket apart. you don't have to move the sides very far. Now I don't fight it, some times I spread the pocket before I even try to put the shock in. Makes it more easy,

Leave a comment:

• Typhoon0627
    replied
    Originally posted by NM_TY_Guy View Post
    maybe that is what happened to your deadblow?!?!
    Hahahaha touche!

Leave a comment:

• NM_TY_Guy
    replied
    maybe that is what happened to your deadblow?!?!

Leave a comment:

• Typhoon0627
    started a topic Quick trick when installing tubular upper a-arms

Quick trick when installing tubular upper a-arms

After pressing out the bushings of the stock upper a-arm, and popping them in the new a-arm with the caps, I was having a helluva time trying to get the new a-arm to fit in the frame pockets.

Obviously I don't wanna try to hammer in my new a-arms, so it was suggested that I use a dead blow to open up the pockets a bit to make the a-arms go in easier. Ok, seems easy enough... Go to the tool chest, aaaaand no dead blow.... alright.. well i'm not going out to buy another one, so now what?

Looking around the garage for anything... hmmm... ha! that might work! Pick up the torsion bar I just pulled out of the truck, wedge it in the pocket, give it a lil push, wedge it in the other pocket, push... I set the torsion bar down and laughed and said there's no friggin way that just worked... pick up the a-arm and it goes right in! haha. Super easy because you have all that leverage from the length of the torsion bar, it pops those flanges out just enough to easily get the new a-arms in there.

Just figured I'd throw this up as another method to try in case you run into that problem.

The best thing about working on the front suspension... when you drop a tool it always hits the ground! hahaha If anyone ever pulled the motor out of my old Syclone, they'd find enough tools in that engine bay to start their own hardware store!
Working...
X
rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.