removing turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing turbo?

So, I just purchased a new turbo (20g, ported on both sides, and upgraded to a 10cm ex. side)
    Anyway, I am trying to remove the turbo from the exhaust manifold. holy poop! What exactly do you need to remove to get that thing off. I removed the inner fender, wastegate, battery, upper IC, but still cant get any leverage on the bolts. What is the secret? By the way, I am 2500avalanche on the other board

I think i used stubby wrenches with another wrench on the end for leverage. I remember it being a PITA

Comment

I use a 15mm swivel socket on an extension for 3 of them. One requires a box end wrench, and if I need extra leverage I hook another box end wrench over the open end wrench. Lots of PB Blaster, let it marinate. I don't usually have trouble with the turbo to manifold. It's the 3 on the exhaust flange that make life challenging. Especially if the previous guy got them too tight. I love breaking shit off. Transforms an afternoon project into a 3 day deal.

Comment

Thanks Guys. I have the 3 on the flange done (that was easy). I have 2 done from the front side of the turbo to manifold. I have to get the other 2 (closest to the window). Soaking it today too...

Comment

Working...
        X
        rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.