Tranny gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny gaskets

Hello everyone. I have a tranny leak right about the tranny mount. I was hoping it would have been the tranny pan to make it easy to repair but unfortunately its not. Its the gasket between the transfer case and tranny. Does anyone have any idea on the steps to replace this gasket and maybe a gasket part number.

thank you!!

Thanks Morgan for your help. This is the part i ordered. https://globaltransmissionparts.com/...dapter-gasket/ However i still see the 6 hole gasket listed so for 3 dollars i ordered it as well. https://globaltransmissionparts.com/...4-4l60e-4l80e/

Comment

- Put the truck up on jackstands, or a lift
      - Remove the rear driveshaft
      - Remove the front propshaft
      - Drain the transfercase fluid from the drain plug in the bottom rear. Save the fluid.
      - Unplug the speed sensor in the back of the transfercase, driverside
      - Pull out the plastic elbow vent tube from the top of the transfercase
      - Crack loose the 5 bolts holding the transfercase to the transmission, the case may rotate down slightly, but the bolts will keep it from falling, you will get fluid pouring out at this point, so dont be directly underneath it.
      (the bottom bolt can be access from in front of the transmission mount)
      - Use a jackstand to support the tailhousing behind the crossmember, and another jackstand on the front output housing
      - Put your floorjack under the center of the transfcase, then remove the 5 bolts, and slide the floorjack to pull the case away from the transmission
      (the transfercase has a machined lip on it, so it will slide inside the transmission about a 1/2" before the case falls away from the trans)
      - You can use the crossmember to take some of the weight off of the floorjack, so you can maneuver the case around a bit
      - Pull the gasket off, and replace it
      - Slide the transfercase back into the transmission, but dont go all the way in.
      - Put in 2 of the bolts to hold the gasket in place, then push the transfercase the rest of the way on
      - Tighten all of the 5 bolts, refill with fluid up to the fill plug
      - Reinstall both of the driveshafts, plug in the speed sensor, and plug in the plastic vent elbow
      Last edited by Aeroking; 02-12-2018, 07:40 AM.
      -Brandon

Why is EVERYBODY racing on low boost?

Comment

Thanks Brandon.

Comment

I always remove the transmission crossmember as the first step. Makes access to prop shaft, the fore/aft brace, and the 5 bolts so much easier. Plus it's easier to remove the t-case if you can lower it below where the crossmember positions it. I don't think you can get to the bottom bolt with the mount in place anyway. And the mount doesn't come out unless the crossmember comes out first.

Another tip: Jack the rear wheels up, or put them on 3" of blocks before you crack the t-case bolts. Lifting the rear a little bit keeps the trans oil in the trans pan preventing the flood, and it doesn't drip out of the rear housing for an hour.

Comment

Working...
          X
          rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.