Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whistle noise in dash

Hi guys
    I'm new to the SyTy scene and I'm trying to clean up my 92 Ty ...anyway I cleaned up under the hood checked wires and all the hoses and added the stock air box back in (going the stock route) and coincidently I'm now hearing a high pinch whistle noise when I accelerate hard and it seems to sound like its in the driver side dash area . I also took the air box off and ran it to see if that was the cause but it wasn't . The performance isn't effected - just the annoying noise . Any suggestions

There are some vacuum lines that run behind the dash and if they crack or become disconnected, you can definitely get a whistling noise. Start with pulling off the AC control panel and check the vacuum port that connects to it. It's a tight space, so have a flashlight hand and be prepared to get into weird positions under the dash. You many need to remove the radio to help get your hands in there to check.

Also, there is an HVAC vac line that runs from the firewall into the dash. It's a hard line and prone to cracking. Be sure to check that line on both sides....the firewall and the dash side.

Just to throw in too....if your truck still runs the stock vac line system under the hood, you may want to consider replacing it all. Here is a writeup on how to do it along with the info on where to buy: https://howtune.com/articles/40-repl...-a-gmc-syclone

Welcome to SyTy ownership
    --------------------------------
    SyTy Registry
    InternationalSyTyRegistry.com

Comment

Thanks Adam
      for the info ... I'll order up the lines from Sportmachines and start replacing them , I really appreciate the help

Comment

Just note, the under hood vac lines are probably not the source of your dash whistle.....regardless, its a necessary upgrade if your truck still has the stock vac lines due to age.
        --------------------------------
        SyTy Registry
        InternationalSyTyRegistry.com

Comment

Rather than messing around with removing controls, and chasing stuff, disconnect the hard line in the engine compartment and go for a drive. If the whistle is gone, then it IS in the HVAC system, and you can begin the hunt. If the whistle is still there it isn't.

Check if the whistle is coming from the speakers. If it is, it could be electrical interference. Particularly alternator regulator noise. Rare on a CS-130 alternator, but I've heard it on one unit many moons ago. Unplug the connector from the alternator to disable it, and go for a drive. If the noise is gone, it's the alternator.

And my third (and probably best) guess is the brake booster, or its check valve. Especially the check valve.
          Last edited by DaveP; 03-08-2018, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks Dave ... I'll try that also ... appreciate all the info

Comment

Working...
            X
            rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.