Strange sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange sensor

I was going to change muffles and found this strang sensor welded to the pipe
    just after the cat. Wires ends up behind the dash to the left by the air outlet, couldn't see any further.
    Any ideas? Car was sold new to Japan, if that is worth anyting. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190323_155245096.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	418.3 KB
ID:	1730Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190323_155218302.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	568.2 KB
ID:	1731

Odd. Looks to maybe be some sort of wideband 02 sensor. What other mods does the truck have, and whats the VIN?
    --------------------------------
    SyTy Registry
    InternationalSyTyRegistry.com

Comment

EGT Sensor

Comment

It doesn't look a factory installation to me, should there be an EGT in that position or at any other place? Car is a 92 Typhoon VIN 1DGCT18Z8N0812355

Comment

Originally posted by rs2600 View Post
          Car was sold new to Japan, if that is worth anything.
          Actually, "Japan" is the explanation.
          Japan requires an "exhaust temperature warning" light on cat-equipped vehicles. Some vehicles call it "floor temperature". There is usually a warning light visible to the driver. The purpose of the system is to alert the driver to unsafe exhaust system temperatures that may cause a fire.
          Last edited by DaveP; 03-26-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

So it actually doesn't do anything but lights up a light, nothing to do with the ECU then? Can I saftely remove it without any issues?

Comment

I'm not positive that it is NOT connected to the ECM. You'll have to look and trace wires. I AM positive that Japan requires a "floor temp" warning for un-safe exhaust system temperatures, so that is what it very likely is.

You can probably remove it with no issues. Again, trace wires, see where they go. My guess is that it is going to be a stand-alone system, and that the only connections to the vehicle wiring will be a Hot in Run, and a Ground. If so, take it out.

Comment

I also own a Japanese NEW Typhoon. Rip that sucker out and seal up the boss, it's not connected to the ECM and won't affect the running at all (no CEL). Also don't forget to pull the wee light out below the steering column, it might glow at you otherwise.

Comment

Thanks guys, looks like the mystery is solved

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.