Intercooler Pump Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler Pump Upgrade

Just trying to get my new Sy to a weekend cruiser dependability state so not looking for max effort parts but I would like to upgrade what I can as I go along. I'm doing the heater hose mod for the I/c hard lines and would like to upgrade the stock I/c pump as well. I keep seeing people talk about Shurflo pumps working well but I can't find the part number that everyone is using. Searching on here hasn't turned up much information so could some one please chime in with the part number or at least the flow specs for the stock pump so I know what to look for in a new pump.
    Thanks
    Last edited by corsair231; 05-04-2019, 12:14 PM.

I used the intercooler pump from a lightning, it's a nice upgrade

Comment

I ended up going with the Johnson. It's what most of the SyTy places seem to sell. Mounted right up in the stock location.

Comment

D'oh!! Wish I would've seen this earlier... I could've saved you a few bucks. These guys sell the same Johnson pump without the SyTy markup...

https://www.marinepartssource.com/12...mp-10-24504-03

Comment

Now you tell me! Lol

Comment

Its been years I remember something about the Johnson pump reversing the wires too make it flow properly maybe someone else will chime in .

Comment

This is also a good option, excellent pump and should install in the stock location.
              https://www.ebay.com/itm/Davies-Crai...5461%7Ciid%3A1

Comment

Originally posted by 1blkc4 View Post
                I remember something about the Johnson pump reversing the wires.
                If you cut the connector off the original Bosch pump, you hook up the Johnson Red to Connector Black. Johnson Black to Connector Brown. (The Bosch uses the European Convention of Brown = Earth).

If the existing pump is spliced to the connector brown and black, it has been replaced before. Look at the car-side wiring: Orange = Hot (connect Johnson Red) and Black = Ground (Connect Johnson Black).

Comment

Working...
                X
                rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.