Turbo noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo noise?

Background- Recovered theft auction purchase with unknown mods from previous owner(s)
    Normal wear and tear, hack-jobs appear to be limited to non-existent.

Except a cornball CAI consisting of a flex elbow and crap filter, also a manual boost controller
    plumbed inline with the stock boost controller valve. All factory air intake parts MIA.

Builds boost normally, but makes a 'whooshing' sound when lifting off. I have another turbo
    car without BOV and I know what back surge/flutter sounds like. A couple threads suggest
    the sounds is normal and only noticeable with short CAI.

Would I be on a wild goose chase to be looking into the possibility of a partially stuck open
    EGR valve? The truck idles slightly rough, but not enough to worry me, so not sure where
    to look...

A large pod filter that is close to the compressor inlet will magnify the compressor sounds. So the turbo should be noticeably louder.
    -Brandon

Why is EVERYBODY racing on low boost?

Comment

Sounds like youre hearing the wastegate if it happens when you let off.

Comment

Working...
      X
      rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.