Intake Manifold Gasket Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake Manifold Gasket Set

Anyone know what the Fel-pro number is for the intake gasket set with stock heads? None of the chains show anything anymore but they may be able to order by number.
    Thanks

I and others have used Fel-pro 1202 gaskets. They do not have the hole for the EGR valve passage. It can be trimmed out. I have heard of some people also remove the divider between the siamese ports for the stock heads. I used L35 heads and they have the divider between the two ports so I did not have to mess with that.

Comment

Leave the vertical "divider" in place on the gasket, even though it doesn't get "clamped" between the head and intake. The divider supports the long span between the two adjacent ports, and helps to keep the long-span horizontal sections from blowing out. I don't see how it helps to remove it, and I DO see how it helps to leave it there. So I do.

Comment

I have wondered if these Edelbrock gaskets had any more material on top than the Fel-pro. The Fel-pro's are pretty narrow but they have worked well for me.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-7209?rrec=true

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I ended up ordering the 1202's. The ones that were on my truck were opened at the Siamese ports but did not have an egr crossover. I was worried about the divider possibly deforming with no support there or either shedding material into the head but if it is okay to leave it in place and with m
          y egr already unhooked anyway these should be good to go. Now if I can just find a throttle body gasket. (Found a vendor that had one for $8 but they wanted $25 bucks for shipping .)

Comment

Through searching, I think this is the correct TB gasket???? Here is a link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=new

Comment

I've seen those and wondered if they will work but the one that is on my truck now and the one that vendor shows the center is closed so there are two circles instead of the open area.

Comment

Well, I don't know for a fact if they are a good replacement or not. I checked several sites and that part came up. I can understand how you would wonder if they truly are a direct replacement. I think they are under $4.00 shipped from places like Autozone plus shipping cost. If you needed to order other parts along with it to get free shipping it would not be too bad. Then you would not be out very much cash if it did not work.

I will try to find the original part number and search for the O.E.M gasket. Maybe get lucky and find a cheaper one for you.

Comment

Just found these Holley gaskets on E-bay that look just like the one the vendor sells. Number 108-116. Think I will try these. If bad comes to worse I think I could always make my own. It seems like it would be simple enough to cut out as long as I can find the right material.
                  Holley is quickly becoming The New Standard In EFI! Racers like Tom Bailey who set three new records and took the overall event win on the 2013 Hot Rod Magazine Drag Week and John Scali who used it to win the 2013 JEGS All Star race.

Comment

After talking with some C4 Corvette guys and some 3rd Gen F-body guys I got studying the tb and I believe there will be no issues with the open one. The only difference is the area where the idle air comes from is open. The Mahle matches everything else perfectly. There should be no issue because the idle air is controlled by the valve and not the size of opening in the gasket. Also there is nothing in that area of the tb to support the hole part of the other gasket.
                    Last edited by corsair231; 07-10-2019, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.