Typhoon glass handle removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typhoon glass handle removal?

Purchased a new Sportmachines rear window latch ( http://www.sportmachines.net/store/e...dow-latch.html ) and when I tried to remove the latch and handle assembly both bolts just spun in place. Am I missing something or am I just SOL because the nuts inside are just spinning or something?

The bolts thread into nutserts in the plastic handle. They have a tendancy to come loose and spin... and then you're stuck. You can use vice grips to hold the threaded nutsert, and get the bolts and handle off. Then you will need to glue them back in, or find another handle, which is not available new any more. HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Sportmachines View Post
      The bolts thread into nutserts in the plastic handle. They have a tendancy to come loose and spin... and then you're stuck. You can use vice grips to hold the threaded nutsert, and get the bolts and handle off. Then you will need to glue them back in, or find another handle, which is not available new any more. HTH
      Yeah that's what I figured. Wonder where I can get a handle from? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170823_141444.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	873

Comment

Well thats making lemonade..... blazer sacrificing itself for easy access parts for the Ty!

Comment

Originally posted by wheels View Post

Yeah that's what I figured. Wonder where I can get a handle from? Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170823_141444.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.67 MB ID:	873

hi, they are available...the rear handles as well as tons of original parts. I had a few and sold them.

I have been told stuff isn't available for years when it actually is.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-GM-15...MAAOSwZlZaAhWy

Comment

Working...
          X
          rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.