Lighting wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting wiring diagram

Anybody have the front syclone lighting harness wiring diagram they can send me? Details go as below, input is always appreciated. Just finished new project, every light in the truck is led now

light reminder buzzer goes blairing as soon as power is turned on to truck and turns off when you turn the lights ON (reverse of what it should be i removed it for now)
    front grille marker lights dont work with lights on, but work with turn signals(when lights are on also).
    headlights work as they should low and hi
    fog lights dont work when lights on and turn hi/low headlights on and off (the fogswitch does) They do work with only park lights on but the headlights flicker slightly like strobes.
    i have led hazzard and turn flashers and they work like they should for the most part.

im guessing i have a feedback and or ground issue somehwere, and ground some stuff seperately or diodes would fix it. Iirc the fogs and highs are on same ground so fogs turn off with highs activated, so either ground the fog relay or lights or headlights themselves would solve it im guessing but id really like to see how everything is wired..

anyone??

Ill try and find and scan in the wiring diagram(s) tomorrow.

Have you tried plugging some incandescent bulbs back in and seeing if the problem persists?
    Morgan - ISTR Executive Director

93 Typhoon #0180 || 93 Typhoon #1579 || 92 Typhoon #1068 || 52 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
    85 Volvo 745 Turbo Diesel || 06 GMC Sierra 3500 4x4 CCLB SRW LBZ SLT || 07 CGMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 CCSB LBZ SLT

WTB : 93 Typhoon #1682

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

No i havent taken the grille off yet, but i do have some reg marker bulbs i can try and also planned on testing some stuff with a multi meter when i got that far.

Comment

Put incandescent bulbs back in the front side markers and the warning buzzer and side marker operation will be restored.

The fog light relay coil grounds through the high beam filaments. With LED headlights, this ground doesn't "work". The most expedient remedy is to ground the lt green wire in the 2-wire fog light harness. Behind the LF headlight, there is a 3-pin male-female connector, with a 4" section to the LF headlight. Disconnect the jumper and connect the main harness connector directly to the LF headlight. Ground the lt green wire in the "jumper harness" which is now disconnected at both ends. The fog lights will now be ON with park or head lights and fog switch ON.

Comment

DAVE!!!!!! great to hear from you!!

Morgan - ISTR Executive Director

93 Typhoon #0180 || 93 Typhoon #1579 || 92 Typhoon #1068 || 52 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
          85 Volvo 745 Turbo Diesel || 06 GMC Sierra 3500 4x4 CCLB SRW LBZ SLT || 07 CGMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 CCSB LBZ SLT

WTB : 93 Typhoon #1682

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
            Put incandescent bulbs back in the front side markers and the warning buzzer and side marker operation will be restored.

The fog light relay coil grounds through the high beam filaments. With LED headlights, this ground doesn't "work". The most expedient remedy is to ground the lt green wire in the 2-wire fog light harness. Behind the LF headlight, there is a 3-pin male-female connector, with a 4" section to the LF headlight. Disconnect the jumper and connect the main harness connector directly to the LF headlight. Ground the lt green wire in the "jumper harness" which is now disconnected at both ends. The fog lights will now be ON with park or head lights and fog switch ON.
            So ground the green wire off fog light green/purple harness on the relay side, or the light side? Guessing the relay side so relay coil is grounded?
            I do remember the jumper harness on LF, so plugging it directly into LF takes care of that headlight and grounding the lt green jumper harness wire grounds the RF headlight im guessing. Or am i off on that??
            thanks a bunch

im also guessing the buzzer is grounded thru the marker lights somehow since you just said put incandecents in
            Last edited by Skolman91; 09-05-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

The jumper at the LF headlight has nothing to do with the RF headlight.
              Ground the lt green wire anywhere you find that wire (under the dash, over the brake booster, behind the LF headlight). The lt green wire and the "jumper harness" is part of the 2-wire fog light harness. When I want to ground the fogs so they operate in both high and low beam, I use a spade connector to the male end of the lt green jumper and ground the other end. No cut wires, easy to put back to stock if you wish.
              The lights-on buzzer can't "see" a ground through the LED's on the tail light circuit, that's why it sounds with the battery connected. My WAG is that two incandescent marker bulbs will be low enough resistance to allow it to "see" a ground, and solve that problem.

EDIT: There are also 2 marker bulbs incorporated into the tail light housing. If you like your front marker LED's, putting incandescent bulbs in the rear sockets may be less inconspicuous that those aren't LED's. Or if two 194 bulbs aren't enough, maybe 4 (all 4 corner markers) will be.
              Last edited by DaveP; 09-06-2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Ok got it, i got confused and thought you were saying two different things to do when really just one.
                ill probably just ground the jumper harness like you usually do since i have to mess with it anyways and disconnect it.
                i like the led markers in the tails so ill try the fronts and if those dont work just leave the buzzer out more than likely.
                might take me awhile to try but ill report back if this all works.
                thanks

Comment

Two more thought's:

If you want to preserve the other functions of the "buzzer", just bend the tab that connects to the brown wire (tail light circuit) over flat so it doesn't connect, and put it back in.

If the two 194 bulbs work, and you want to retain all the LED markers, "hide" a couple of bulbs somewhere like inside the fender or under the battery tray, connected to the tail light circuit.

Comment

I dont foresee using the lights much, but might just do that as leaving lights on can ruin an evening quick. What other functions use the buzzer? Key in ignition?

Comment

I
                      The module contains warning tone for lights-on (IGN must be OFF), and key in ignition (driver door OPEN, IGN = OFF),. It also controls the seatbelt warning light and tone. When IGN first turns ON, the light comes on for about 8 seconds. During that period, if the driver seatbelt is NOT buckled, there will also be a warning tone.

Comment

Finally got around to this, grounded the extra lt grn wire off the headlight plug and head/fog lights work like they should. Put some normal 194s in the front marker light and they work correct now also, but it wasnt enough to make the buzzer work right and it still comes on when u turn the lights off. Dont use the stock dash(for the seat belt light or reminder) anymore and dont want to mess with the taillight marker lights so ill just leave the module out.
                        thanks again dave
                        Last edited by Skolman91; 02-24-2019, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.