X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FastBlackTA
    replied
    As for the truck when I purchased it:

The only real good points about the swap are the turbotime oil pan and I can use all the ls brackets that were on the engine for the accessories. The truck had no A/C and won't for this build either as a 94mm deal is just huge and getting everything to fit is a hassle in itself. Possibly tackle a/c later on..

It had a stock reman syclone trans in it.

Leave a comment:

• FastBlackTA
    started a topic Ls Swap Single Turbo Build

Ls Swap Single Turbo Build

This is my build thread from 2013 and continues today. My truck has run 5.8s in the 1/8 with room to grow. I am sharing my build thread on this forum to help people out who want to LS swap their trucks. For now I am just doing the text and will upload photos (I have a million) once I learn how to do it on this forum.

Hello,

I have been on the forum for a long time and have owned a fairly stock sy for a while. I have been fairly involved in the LS scene for a long time, and was presented with an opportunity to purchase a syclone with an ls swap this summer. Its a 47k mile body, but the work done was pretty bad. I was planning on doing a single turbo setup when I purchased it, but didn't realize just how bad the origional conversion was done so it will take more work than previously expected. Plans are for a 4L80E (being built now), iron LS motor (370-402 cubes), and a single 94 mm GT5594 turbo from Forced Inductions.

I have started fabbing stainless headers for the first time from sch10 stainless weld els. I have completed the drivers side and working on the pass side currently. I started with a Miller Econotig and picked up a Dynasty 200dx (world of difference, fyi). I am fortunate to have friends who have given me advice along the way, and figured that since I have searched the net before looking for advice on projects, it's not a bad idea to share what I have learned so far. I own a couple LS based cars, and this project isn't on a "rush" status, so I will update when I can regarding new progress on the build.

To start, here is my drivers side header not quite 100% finished but I will grab pics next time I am in the shop of the finished product:
    Last edited by FastBlackTA; 08-06-2017, 08:24 PM.
Working...
X
rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.