Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another 10 second Syclone

Finally got into the 10’s yesterday . Ran a 10.92 at
    122mph. My combo is quite simple. PTE 6262 , 80lb injectors ,RPM A2A, TT chip, E85 . Ported L35’s , 415 comp for engine mods . Suspension includes front coilivers , Caltracs , monoleaf, 26x10 MT sportsman’s all around on Weld Draglites. Raceweight is about 3300 with me in it . I’m new to this forum . Hope this helps . It’s a stock bottom end with 36k miles .

Forgot to mention this run was at 22psi . I bought the car 1 year ago but tranny and converter are holding up. Only problem is car won’t shift into overdrive at WOT so I went through the traps in 3rd gear at 5800. This is gonna be a problem if I raise boost and go faster . It’s a 700 trans . Really don’t want to rebuild it because I’ve been down this road with a 4L60e that I rebuilt twice and never held up.

Comment

That's awesome! Makes me think how fast my truck will go, getting the 6262 put on this week

Comment

Well get ready to make a whole lot of torque .
        Heres a dyno on this truck at 22Psi. It falls off after
        4500 . I think a lower gear like a 3.08 would keep it more in the powerband for the 1/4 . This is an awd dyno and reads 16% less then a dynojet. Torque is 670 to all 4 wheels

Comment

Interesting dyno sheet. Based on your ET, I suspect you're somewhere in the 450-460 HP range. What RPM are you going through the traps at? With a 26" tire, if you're hitting 5100-5200, then the 3.42 ratio is ideal, but I'd imagine you're higher than that.
          Hood
          Syclone #1596
          ISTR Treasurer & Underwear Model

Comment

I went through at 5800 -5900 which is really bad . My tranny won’t shift into overdrive anyway but I’ve been told it’s a lot of load on the motor going into overdrive . I did run a bunch of 11.40-11.8’s at 16lbs of boost and it did shift into overdrive but I went slower and lost mph . I’m on the process of switching over to a 3.08 gear to make more use of the bottom end torque and not have to wind the motor up so high. There’s no power up there anyway .

Comment

It’s gonna be expensive to change over but it’s peace of as mind . I’m at 1250 just In parts plus labor . Yukón sells the gears , carrier, and installation kit for the front IFS . And for the rear I scored a lightly used F Body Torsen posi with a 2 series carrier for 200 and I bought
              a set of new GM 3.08 gears brand new for another 200. I would suspect labor would be 800 bucks or so . So I’m looking at 2k for the whole swap. It might slow me down or it might make me faster but I’m gonna blow that Motor if I keep winding it that high

Comment

THANKS for sharing! Appreciate the knowledge. Graham1254 please update after your 6262 install. I'm curious and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X
                rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.