Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unique Johnny Lightning's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unique Johnny Lightning's

    With all of these new releases of the syclone coming out, what's the most unique one that you have?

    I saw that Zack posted one with the truck upside down. And I have a postal truck with the stamp that is upside down. Post up pictures of what you have!

  • #2
    I'll have to go digging in mine. I dont think I have any upside down packages, but misprinted ones.

    If I had to say most unique, I have one of the 1 of 10 4th of July Typhoons done by Milezone.

    --------------------------------
    adam
    Syclone #0237
    ISTR Executive Director, Secretary
    SyTyRegistry.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Here is mine, you can see the upside down card
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        I have an Aspen Typhoon from Nats 12 which was in 2011..
        Last edited by DaveP; 10-17-2018, 11:09 AM. Reason: Changed the year and description of the event.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DaveP View Post
          I have an Aspen Typhoon from Nats 2012.
          What number is yours Dave?

          We spoke about this on the last podcast. There were only from what Im told, 87 of the Nats Typhoons given out in the clear plastic box, each were numbered. There was more made, but they werent released to us (SyTy Group) and were sold to suppliers and retailers. You see them on ebay occasionally that are loose.
          --------------------------------
          adam
          Syclone #0237
          ISTR Executive Director, Secretary
          SyTyRegistry.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SYO237 View Post

            What number is yours Dave?

            We spoke about this on the last podcast. There were only from what Im told, 87 of the Nats Typhoons given out in the clear plastic box, each were numbered. There was more made, but they werent released to us (SyTy Group) and were sold to suppliers and retailers. You see them on ebay occasionally that are loose.
            I recall there were 100 of the Nats Aspens made. The deal was that the Aspens would be available at retail in the future. There is something different about the 100 "real Nats" Aspens, but I don't remember what it is. The authority on these is of course, TJ.

            I looked at mine just now. It is in its little plastic box. I took it out and can't see any "number" on it. IIRC, it came with a paper brochure that listed its number. I believe mine was #52 or #54. I doubt I threw out the brochure, and it will show up eventually. I'll write the number on the box when I know what it is.

            Comment


            • #7
              I was following up on this, and found another JL Aspen still in its package, called the "2011 EDITION". I have not a clue where I acquired this from, but it is obviously the same Ty as the Nats deal, but the one that went to retailers.

              )
              Originally posted by DaveP View Post
              There is something different about the 100 "real Nats" Aspens, but I don't remember what it is. The authority on these is of course, TJ.
              The difference is that the "2011 Edition" does not have the Nats 12 Logo on the hood.

              Originally posted by DaveP View Post
              I looked at mine just now. It is in its little plastic box. I took it out and can't see any "number" on it. IIRC, it came with a paper brochure that listed its number. I believe mine was #52 or #54. I doubt I threw out the brochure, and it will show up eventually. I'll write the number on the box when I know what it is.
              I think I recall the deal on this. I registered for, but at the last minute decided not to attend Nats 12. TJ and Nadine sent me my t-shirts and Aspen by mail, which I still think is way-cool. The number for my JL may have been on a note with that package, and is probably the "brochure" I mentioned above..

              I also recall a handwritten "#xx" perhaps on the little Nats 12 logo that is on the plastic box. I'm pretty sure that is where the number was, and it is now gone. I took it out in the sun with a magnifying glass, and there is no evidence of it at all. So I will never know its number for sure. But it's the Real Deal.

              Thanks for allowing me to reminisce.

              Comment

              Working...
              X