Poll on Carbon Fiber Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll on Carbon Fiber Parts

Interested in getting some input from the crowd. Without consideration of cost, what pieces would you like to see made from carbon fiber?
    Cladding
    29.03%
    Tailgate (Sy and Ty style)
    22.58%
    Interior Parts (Pillar gauge pods, center console pieces, etc)
    22.58%
    Other (post your answer)
    25.81%
    --------------------------------
    SyTy Registry
    InternationalSyTyRegistry.com

Dashboard?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo7521 View Post
      Dashboard?
      Very complex piece to do, but not impossible......
      SyTy Registry

Comment

I'd like;
        • CF Ty Tailgate w/o release handle provision
        • Fiberglass fenders w/ cladding
        • Fiberglass front & rear bumpers
        • CF center console center section (maybe with 1 function cupholder)
        Morgan - ISTR Executive Director

93 Typhoon #0180 || 93 Typhoon #1579 || 92 Typhoon #1068 || 52 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
        85 Volvo 745 Turbo Diesel || 06 GMC Sierra 3500 4x4 CCLB SRW LBZ SLT || 07 CGMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 CCSB LBZ SLT

WTB : 93 Typhoon #1682

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Morgan View Post
          I'd like;
          • CF Ty Tailgate w/o release handle provision
          • Fiberglass fenders w/ cladding
          • Fiberglass front & rear bumpers
          • CF center console center section (maybe with 1 function cupholder)
          same but make my fenders w cladding, and bumpers CF. would be nice to elongate the fog light hole towards the center

Comment

Originally posted by manta View Post

would be nice to elongate the fog light hole towards the center
            That would be possible, but would require a totally separate mold setup. It would honestly be easier to do a stock FG piece, which then can be easily cut and modfied to custom spec. Ive actually been considering this for my own personal truck.

I do like your thinking....
            SyTy Registry

Comment

Originally posted by SYO237 View Post

That would be possible, but would require a totally separate mold setup. It would honestly be easier to do a stock FG piece, which then can be easily cut and modfied to custom spec. Ive actually been considering this for my own personal truck.

I do like your thinking....
              thats why I spec'd fiberglass and not CF, I want to do some alterations that wouldn't be practical with CF pieces
              Morgan - ISTR Executive Director

93 Typhoon #0180 || 93 Typhoon #1579 || 92 Typhoon #1068 || 52 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
              85 Volvo 745 Turbo Diesel || 06 GMC Sierra 3500 4x4 CCLB SRW LBZ SLT || 07 CGMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 CCSB LBZ SLT

WTB : 93 Typhoon #1682

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Morgan View Post

thats why I spec'd fiberglass and not CF, I want to do some alterations that wouldn't be practical with CF pieces
                This would be awesome, easier to make the fronts a little wider, front fenders with cladding would be the major pieces I'd be interested in

Comment

Fenders with cladding would be nice.

Comment

2" cowl hood
                    cowl piece that would eliminate the windshield wipers
                    cowl piece with the windshield wiper holes
                    inner fenders modified to easily access spark plugs without removal

Comment

One more! A/C delete heater boxes.

Comment

I really like the idea of a center console with 1 working cup holder! my biggest pet peeve is having to use a special; cup when ever i take out my TY!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. Some may know, I work with fiberglass and carbon fiber almost daily (I own and run my own surfboard label) and have done some various parts in the past. Ive been considering seriously looking into doing more car part fabrication lately so wanted to gauge an interest in what people would be looking for so I could maybe determine things I could produce that would be worth the effort.

Right now, Im only considering....not actually doing. But that could change depending on the level of interest and continued feedback here in this thread. I may do some misc parts just to get back into the groove. If that happens, I'll keep everyone posted.
                          SyTy Registry

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.