Part # for QA1 coilover front shocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part # for QA1 coilover front shocks?

Hey guys, I'm looking for the part number for the front coilover shocks that have been used to replace the torsion bars. I can't justify spending the money on a complete kit. On the old forum there was a thread that someone posted what he used to put a set-up together. It used 1-7/8" diameter springs if I recall correctly. Thanks

Originally posted by River City Speed View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking for the part number for the front coilover shocks that have been used to replace the torsion bars. I can't justify spending the money on a complete kit. On the old forum there was a thread that someone posted what he used to put a set-up together. It used 1-7/8" diameter springs if I recall correctly. Thanks
    I don't have coilovers myself, but I have notes from a long time ago when I was looking into doing it. I don't have anything listed about a 1-7/8" spring, but I do have something about a a 2.25", 600# spring being used with this shock DR4855P, however it doesn't appear to be available from Summit anymore so its probably been replaced with a new shock.

Not sure who else made sets or kits, I know ERue used to sell them but that's going back 10 years or so.
    Morgan - ISTR Executive Director

93 Typhoon #0180 || 93 Typhoon #1579 || 92 Typhoon #1068 || 52 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
    85 Volvo 745 Turbo Diesel || 06 GMC Sierra 3500 4x4 CCLB SRW LBZ SLT || 07 CGMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 CCSB LBZ SLT

WTB : 93 Typhoon #1682

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

You are looking for a 14" shock and a 2.25 coil spring for the most common. We have a Viking (started by former QA1 Employees) solution, sportmachines sells AFCO if you want alternatives. You will need to machine the spring cups if you go outside a syty vendor. I would also suggest bearing ends and not rubber ends in the shocks.

Comment

To continue on what JSM said, 2.25 springs are common. We use 2.5" with the AFCO. Viking and AFCO are whats readily available, proven and trusted by SyTy vendors. QA1 was used in the past and even with those the springs were 2.25" IIRC

Comment

You're right. I couldn't remember the diameter. Not sure why 1-7/8" was in my head. I don't even think that could be the ID of the spring.

Comment

Working...
          X
          rolex fake rolex achieves a wonderful balance of straight line and camber line which are arduous in structure.

the best replica watches in the world craftsmen entrepreneurs focused.

richard mille replica usa received a new unique neoclassical technique, plus also back into the current day facets.